Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mysti35
    Participant

I am sad to report that I had to completely uninstall Dugi guides due to it causing numerous in game issues.  I tracked multiple happenings to our addon, by running Dugi in isolation.  For now, the game is not playable with it enabled.

I will spare you the specifics as they have been mentioned elsewhere, but I look forward to returning to the game once Dugi is back up and running.

Ozzi
      Participant
        I am really saddened to hear that you are not using the guides.
        I have also ran the guides and only Dugiguides running in Classic Wrath and can’t find any major faults.
        I have went to the great lengths to use “/console scriptErrors 1” and to further see if there’s any lua errors lurking using BugGrabber and BugSack.
        To add further chaos to the mix, I used one of my own addons that’s designed to debug functions etc, the only time I get errors is if I on purposely add a bad coded function in it.
        Can you please outline the troubleshooting steps you’ve tried so far? so I can work out how to approach this so we can get these guides working for you, error free.
        mysti35
        Participant

Here is another example after taking your word for it 🙂

I not only tried dugi fix, but reinstalled things from scratch.  

1.  When I am traveling to a waypoint, for example, if I open the main map, my framerate drops to less than 20, when it is rock solid on 59.9 usually.

2.  I am in Wintergrasp doing the battleground.  I play for about 10 mins and my lag goes to 600-700/ ?  but nothing happens and I am running around with nothing happening sans an occasional the Horde has attacked Broken Temple (example).  I remove the dugi addon, /reload ui and my lag is now under 100ms/?  (I forget the second number).  FIXED!   Was it Dugi?  I again jump to addons, add dugi again, reload ui, and sure enough my lag starts climbing again until the battleground is unplayable.

(if you are going to ask, I have 64megs RAM)

I am starting to think….DO NOT TOUCH THE MAP….EVER!  Clearly that is not a workable situation.  

It is not comforting to hear you are having no problems when I am!

No one else gets lag when opening maps?

Everything worked well for me prior to Blizzard messing with the API again for whatever reason.  Has it been over 100 times now since release?

Ozzi
          Participant

mysti35 said:

I not only tried dugi fix, but reinstalled things from scratch.

Have you tried to use Dugi Installer to uninstall DugiGuides?

Click on Settings.

Click on Repair.

Click on OK.

Click on OK again.

Click on OK again.

Click on Okay.
            At this point, open an explorer window and browse to your World of Warcraft install location.
            Here you can see that the Dugi Guides Installer has removed the addon.Let’s check the SavedVariables. in {Path}World of Warcraft_classic_WTFAccount{Your_Account#?}SavedVariables
            Look for DugisGuidesViewerZ.lua and DugisGuidesViewerZ.lua.bak
            if they aren’t there, then Dugi Guides Installer has removed the addon.
            Let’s continue with Installing the addon.

Click Reinstall button, and wait out the installation.
            Close Dugi Installer.
            Run the game, at the character select screen click Addons button.

Ensure that DugiGuides is the only one ticked. Click Okay when done.
            Even though my own addon runs less than 32kb in total, for the purposes of this, my own addon will be disabled.
            Choose your character and click Enter World.

Should be presented with this.

The Latency in any client of World of Warcraft is not exactly as it says it is. World and Home are both your end. If they are high then something is not right and something else is using your internet. At this stage I’d exit World of Warcraft and make a call to your ISP ASAP. Try and use a cable wired from your laptop / computer to your modem / router / switch. try again, if still high latency call ISP, no point to make a ticket with Blizzard because they will tell you to contact your ISP, I know this because I am an ex Game Master. I left because of family issues, Blizzard was super nice to pay for my flight back home.
            FPS is a tricky one, yes some addons can effect the FPS, but that’s like 5-10 fps, unless an addon or addons have taint, which at this stage there would be 5-10 fps or more depending on the severity.
            Anything with addons and FPS is like stabbing a knife in the dark.
            What are you using to get the current FPS? I hope it wasn’t an addon. Ensure Dugi Guides is the only addon running. Use CTRL + R
            I am always 280fps when riding a mount towards a waypoint made with /way 49.22, 23.45
            During heading towards the waypoint I opened map (small) and map (large) the whole time my FPS was 280FPS
            Latency of 600-700 is not bad for a pvp battleground. I’ve seen a lot of bad latency in battlegrounds which was over 1000ms.
            Physical memory does not matter, totally two different things. Fact of the matter, the system (windows) make things a lot more complicated than that with page file size, responsibility to designate memory allocations and releasing of used memory (windows 10 and 11 to this date does not, google ISLC Intelligent Standby List Cleaner, pst me in discord Ozzi#9217 if you want me to step you through on how to set up”
            Map does work we just need to find whats interfering with your game play.
            Something is running in the background, other applications, services etc that may be interfering with your wow game play.
            How is it not comforting that it’s not happening on my end? comes to prove that it’s not the addon that’s causing this issue, rest assured, I am not here to make fun or what not, I am 100% concerned that something is interfering with your gaming experience and am interested in working with you to find it and hopefully fix it.
            A Blizzard update may sound logical but I can most certainly ensure you, if that was the case then everybody will be getting this and, it won’t be this long since the patch was released to fix the broken (whatever it is). This is all pure speculation and coincidence.
            Have you updated your video card driver between Blizzard update and this issue started?
            Can you please try to provide screenshots or video footage of “FPS Drops” and “High latency”, need clear view of enabled addons at the start and use CTRL + R to see FPS and every now and then hover mouse over System Icon in action bar.
            mysti35
            Participant

That is probably more support than any one person could ever expect!

I tried most of what you proposed above and here are the results.

I have around 25 addons I use, and the fact remains that IF I also use Dugi, my game will freeze up and if I uninstall DUGI, the game is almost flawless.  Just now, I went into Wintergrasp and for the third time in a row, about 2-4 mins in, everything in the BG freezes up.  I see no progress on the screen at all, and I can run all over the map and not be able to do anything.  Uninstall DUGI and it all works fine.

I have stated many times I would not play WOW without this addon and I will remain faithful to that comment.  Alas, I have stopped playing WoW.  I will check back to see if you guys have found a solution, but for now, the game is unplayable with Dugi.

I am very sad that this is happening.  I am not sure what I am going to do in my sudden found free time.

Ozzi
              Participant

mysti35 said:

I have around 25 addons I use

Can you please list them for me?

mysti35 said:

the fact remains that IF I also use Dugi, my game will freeze up and if I uninstall DUGI, the game is almost flawless.  Just now, I went into Wintergrasp and for the third time in a row, about 2-4 mins in, everything in the BG freezes up.  I see no progress on the screen at all, and I can run all over the map and not be able to do anything.  Uninstall DUGI and it all works fine.

This alone tells me that you didn’t follow what I have said and persisted to use all 25 addons, despite the fact I did request for you try with just Dugi Guides enabled. We only provide support for Dugi Guides, however, I believe it’s an interference with other addon. Please try with just Dugi Guides enabled.

mysti35 said:

I have stated many times I would not play WOW without this addon and I will remain faithful to that comment.  Alas, I have stopped playing WoW.  I will check back to see if you guys have found a solution, but for now, the game is unplayable with Dugi.

I am very sad that this is happening.  I am not sure what I am going to do in my sudden found free time.

Okay that’s fine with me, you’re not really phased about your issue given that there really is one. You’re eminent that it’s Dugi Guides addon. Just one thing, can you provide something called evidence? I can’t replicate this myself, as I have demonstrated to you, I need your help and your co operation to resolve this. If this is the sort of behavior from now on then this thread will be closed. This is not going to push an update
                mysti35
                Participant

Thanks for revising your comment :)

I told you early on that I ONLY had Dugi installed.  NO OTHER ADDONS.  Yes, I have gone through many many permutations of trying this and that.  I even ordered new memory to eliminate hardware issues.  I noted some minor memtest issues, so I wanted to do that first.  It did not help.

This morning again, with ONLY dugi enabled (nothing else in the addons folder) I was in WG and sure enough the game locked up.  Maybe it is only happening in BG’s (?) though I did note something else, but I can see how frustrated you are Ozzi (and I don’t blame you at all)!  I am just going to go an alternate route for now, and try to come back next update.  I too am frustrated, but I think you have done all you could to try and help me.

(Just an add — when I locked up in WG, I logged out and as fast as I could, I logged back in with all addons except DUGI, and did not get a lockup) *shrug*

I suppose I could reinstall WoW!

Ozzi
                  Participant

To also eliminate hardware, is the game on an SSD or HDD?

Check performance by opening Task Manager (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC)
                    Click Performance then click Resource Monitor (click … top right then click Resource Monitor If you have 22h2 win 11)
                    click CPU, leave computer on idle for a least 5 mins and note the low % and highest % it’s normal for it to go up and down (as long as it’s up and down every 45 – 60 seconds or longer is also great). If it’s between 2% – 12% then congrats, if its hectic every 5 – 20 seconds and it’s up and down and beyond 12% then there’s services and programs interfering. You will need to look at what is running and ask it is really needed? especially when gaming.

I have experimented with loads of Windows 10 and Windows 11 slimmed iso’s and made my own. Making your own slimmed or custom .iso is a very complicated process and I would not recommend to do that if you aren’t educated enough in that side, it’s not an easy thing to pick up by reading a redit post or something, however, downloading iso files either slimmed by someone or not is very risky, this is at least 98% chance to get malware or hidden files that can allow someone gain access to your system without you knowing. This can be experimented with under controlled environment such as virtual machine etc. I am using Ghost Spectre right now, it’s very snappy and smooth.

I am not really sure what else I can suggest you can do, usually at this point I’d offer remote connect session and see if I can make sense of what’s going on.

mysti35 said:

I can see how frustrated you are Ozzi (and I don’t blame you at all)

I am somewhat frustrated that I am ignored to a point that all my requests for things to help me investigate, addons you are using, screenshots or video footage have all been ignored.

To be fair, I am concerned that this is impacting your game play and your time, this is not what we like to see or hear that at some degree that Dugi Guides is believed to be the root cause. I am 100% committed to finding the cause whether it be Dugi Guides addon or other addon’s in combination of or hardware.
                    That’s where I can help as well, if you can list your addons, I can clean my install and install all the addons you are using, and I can then test with them to try to at least replicate and hopefully find a cause then possibly a fix.

mysti35 said:

(Just an add — when I locked up in WG, I logged out and as fast as I could, I logged back in with all addons except DUGI, and did not get a lockup) *shrug*

I suppose I could reinstall WoW!

Have you tried to reinstall WoW? perhaps try with a SSD (SATA or M.2, M.2 would be recommended), if issues still persist then try a repair first, then if it still persists, then I would reinstall the game, sing out if you need assistance with this.

Ozzi
                    Participant

@mysti35 I would like you to try this, in-game click the tracking icon on the minimap > un-check Track Quest POIs.

It really depends on how many quests that are being tracked, some quests have tons of spawn points etc the addon has to work hard to create the Blue Highlight area.

As far as freezing, perhaps try clicking the DG minimap icon and selecting Essential Mode or Off Mode, then go in to a queue for a BG or 2v2 etc report back with findings

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.