• This topic has 106 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Dugi.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 107 total)
  • Author

“This Folder doesn’t contain the correct version of this game. Please check the installation path and try again” When i lunch the game. World path and Launcher path both in classic. What i’m I doing wrong guys?

maxxdiamond
    Participant

“This Folder doesn’t contain the correct version of this game. Please check the installation path and try again” When i lunch the game. World path and Launcher path both in classic. What i’m I doing wrong guys?

I think that is because the game is not released yet. There was also an update as well, so maybe the version is off now. I’m getting the same thing.

I think that is because the game is not released yet. There was also an update as well, so maybe the version is off now. I’m getting the same thing.

Okay thank you 🙂

brunitus
      Participant

why can’t i get a simple 1.4.5 link anywhere ?

Dugi
        Keymaster

brunitus said:

why can’t i get a simple 1.4.5 link anywhere ?

https://download.dugiguides.com/DugiGuides_1.4.5.exe

Dugi
          Keymaster

have you installed wow classic with the Bnet launcher? 

maxhawk
            Participant

Dugi said:

have you installed wow classic with the Bnet launcher? 

Yes, but it was installed into my World of Warcraft Public Test directory (under _classic along side _PTR) because at the time it was still in PTR. I’m able to run it and after this evening’s update to 1.13.2.31650, the Dugi installer still fails. 

As a next step, I’m going to try to uninstall and re-install and direct it to my normal World of Warcraft directory. I don’t expect it to make a difference, but it would be very interesting (for you) if it did.

maxhawk
              Participant

I uninstall classic using bnet and reinstalled into my World of Warcraft along-side _retail_ and it still doesn’t work. So it has nothing to do with the installation directory.

Any other thoughts? I don’t have another Win 7 machine to try this on, but I could spin up a VM to try.

You legend Dugi, I am so hyped for the dugi classic guide. I snapped this pic of you during the beta shutdown event it looks like you had a friend in high places “GM Birmingham” well done!

maxhawk
                Participant

Dugi, looks like the issue is my Win 7. I made a Win 7 VM and copied my existing installation over and 1.4.5 worked fine.

darkyle
                  Participant

Is the guide already finished for level 60?
                    I can find files in the folder for “Un’Goro Crater” “Fellwood” “Eastern Plaguelands” etc.
                    Or are those files just there but not finished?

Participant

darkyle said:

I can find files in the folder for “Un’Goro Crater” “Fellwood” “Eastern Plaguelands” etc.

not yet but will be as fast as it can after launch

maxxdiamond
                      Participant

I have wow classic installed with the Bnet Launcher, and I get the “This Folder doesn’t contain the correct version of the game” message too.

maxxdiamond
                        Participant

Nevermind. I downloaded the new installer and it works perfectly!!!

1.4.5 works perfectly for Classic.

maxxdiamond
                          Participant

darkyle said:

not yet but will be as fast as it can after launch

The beta test only allowed them up to level 40, so they will have to wait for launch to finish the guide. 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 107 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.