Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    naifukishi
    Participant
      There are numerous small slow downs and dips and FPS. What I was able to identify:
      – Opening the world map
      – Switching areas e.g. wenn a new Zone / Subzone text shows on the UI
      – When progessing in a quest step like “killed 5/7”
      This is rather annoying and only happens with your addon active.
      What I noticed is that DugiGuides uses a lot of memory compared to other addons. Even compare to Zygor your addon uses about 3x more memory.
      Finally even in more or less idle the addon uses a lot of the total CPU time. Click on the map to target a quest area => Arrow shows up => Addon uses 25% of total CPU time.
      naifukishi
      Participant
        Did some more testing. On max graphic settings I get around 100 fps while I stand in the dalaran sewers. Just loading DugiGuides results in 10 – 15 fps less. That is some serious slowdown caused by DugiGuides.
        I’ll deinstall and try again after an updated version is available.
        comepso
        Participant

Experiencing similar issues here and I’ve tried disabling quest bubbles in the map

Ozzi
          Participant

Of course Dugi Guides and Zygor has different memory usage, one can see this when you look at the .lua files. Both have different methods to load modules etc. Zygor can use one file where as Dugi Guides needs to have individual files per guide.
            In my mind it’s pointless to compare apples with pears.

Have you tried with all addons disabled except Dugi guides? If it still persists, try to record a short video and post it here. We’ve looked in to this a long time ago, without knowing exactly where this is or what is causing it, it’s like stabbing in the dark.

My friend also had a similar issue and it turned out to be Video Card drivers. Which also adds to the difficulty of locating the cause.

Dugi
            Keymaster

comepso said:

Experiencing similar issues here and I’ve tried disabling quest bubbles in the map

the quest bubble does use a lot of CPU because it has to be drawn by the addon disabling this feature will improve FPS 

Dugi
              Keymaster

There are numerous small slow downs and dips and FPS. What I was able to identify:
                – Opening the world map
                – Switching areas e.g. wenn a new Zone / Subzone text shows on the UI
                – When progessing in a quest step like “killed 5/7”
                This is rather annoying and only happens with your addon active.
                What I noticed is that DugiGuides uses a lot of memory compared to other addons. Even compare to Zygor your addon uses about 3x more memory.
                Finally even in more or less idle the addon uses a lot of the total CPU time. Click on the map to target a quest area => Arrow shows up => Addon uses 25% of total CPU time.

our addon offer the map questing data like questie and Zygor doesn’t, you can disable this feature to improve FPS 

comepso
                Participant

Dugi said:

comepso said:

the quest bubble does use a lot of CPU because it has to be drawn by the addon disabling this feature will improve FPS 

Sorry I should have been more specific, Because in fact this does not help for me.

naifukishi
                  Participant
                    I tried various things with the latest release 3.017. Tried with only three addons active:
                    – ndUI
                    – ndUI Plus
                    – DugiGuides
                    Still I’m seeing a considerable drop in frame rate when loading Dugiguides. On top I tried disabling various options in Dugi but didn’t find any having any effect.
                    However the hickups are much better. However one thing to note is that in my original post I was using ElvUI (+Merathilis and Eltrium) and now I’m using ndUI. So I can’t really say if it’s due to some changes in Dugi which happend in the meantime or if it’s due to Dugi not working well along with ElvUI.
                    The only odd thing i noticed with ndUI is that I had to disable the world map features of ndUI. They do not work along with the Dugi features for the world map. No big deal as both offer basically the same functionality (smaller map, coords, fog).
                    Regarding the quest bubbles: I didn’t notice any change in FPS disabling this feature as well. Maybe interessting to note: I’m using CodexLite and it draws a lot of things on the map and I’m not seeing any FPS drop there.
                    Hope this helps. At the moment in combination with ndUI Dugi is usable for me.
                    Oh one last thing: The Dugi button doesn’t work well with ndUI. It cannot be dragged proprerly as it is positionend quite a lot left to the mouse pointer when dragging. No big deal just annoying.
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.