Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    hotohorikakashi
    Participant

Im having trouble with using the dugi build to get into my game.
      At first it would come up and have the setting screen up and I would have to login. Then it would ask if I wanted to update. If I said yes it would crash. If I said no I could get into WoW but when I got into the game I couldnt use the guide as it wouldnt let me click on anything.
      I decided to download a fresh dugi build and now when it loads it tries to update and then just crashes.
      I can get into the game using the actual WoW launcher and then use the dugi guide fine.

Ozzi
      Participant

Install the guides from the Members area, and yes, they are 9.0177 or keep using the battle.net launcher until the members area reflects 9.0178

hotohorikakashi
        Participant

Thank you :)

hotohorikakashi
          Participant

I have found since the last few updates that I can only use the dugi launcher if I manually download the guides and place the folders in their corresponding retail, classic era and wrath before hand other wise the launcher just crashes when trying to update.

Ozzi
            Participant

Oh my! that’s not normal. Do you use a third party anti virus / security application by any chance? Like Avast or AVG or TrendMicro to name a few.

If you are, try to + Allow App “DugiGuides_1.5.3.exe”
              Each of the third party applications have their own areas where this resides, a google search “How to allow app in {name of security software}” replace name of security software with something like Avast.If the security software does not support that feature then add “DugiGuides_1.5.3.exe” in to the Exceptions. A google search like “How to exclude an application in {name of security software}”.
              Normally, installing two antivirus programs on the one machine can cause something like this, Windows 10 or 11 already has an antivirus called Windows Defender, this can be disabled. Though according to the Microsoft documentation on Windows Defender, it’s supposed to auto detect and disable itself to allow the third party software to work, but my tests prove that it doesn’t completely disable.

To test, try disabling your third party security software and then run DugiGuides_1.5.3.exe and try to do an update or reinstall.

If it still crashes, then try looking at the paths. Click on the Settings button and then check the following paths:

• Retail = PathWorld of Warcraft_retail_
              • Classic TBC/Wrath = PathWorld of Warcraft_classic_
              • Classic = PathWorld of Warcraft_classic_era_

Don’t forget, if you don’t have Classic TBC/Wrath and/or Classic Era you can check the boxes “Ignore TBC” or “Ignore Classic Era”.
              Test again with third party security disabled.

Can you please tell me What version of windows are you using? Windows 10 or Windows 11

hotohorikakashi
              Participant

Windows 10
                I havent checked out my anti virus yet but ive never had a problem with it before with dugi launcher

hotohorikakashi
                Participant

I just checked my anti virus and dugi was already allowed

Ozzi
                  Participant

can you please try running dugi guides with your security software disabled.
                    in the taskbar find the security program running and then right click it’s icon and select disable until restart

try running dugi installer and try upading or reinstalling, if there’s an error that appears please screenshot it and attach here.

because if it does it with the security prigram disabled then that would indicate to me that your dugi installer could possibly be corrupted

hotohorikakashi
                    Participant

Ok, I reverted back an update so I could test. When I turned off my antivirus dugi launcher updated fine and started ok. 
                      It also worked once I restarted computer and antivirus was back on.
                      I will not be sure if it was the antivirus causing the problem until the next dugi update occurs and I can test it again.

If it is the antivirus then I dont know what the problem is as I had no problems with them both before and dugi is allowed through the antivirus.

Ozzi
                      Participant

Ok, I reverted back an update so I could test. When I turned off my antivirus dugi launcher updated fine and started ok. 
                        It also worked once I restarted computer and antivirus was back on.
                        I will not be sure if it was the antivirus causing the problem until the next dugi update occurs and I can test it again.

If it is the antivirus then I dont know what the problem is as I had no problems with them both before and dugi is allowed through the antivirus.

That’s exactly what I thought, in some ways it’s good to know that the installer you have is not corrupt. What antivirus are you using? if you don’t mind me asking, I could look in to it a little more in depth and hopefully provide steps you can take.

Won’t hurt to check anyway.

1. Open up a PowerShell as Administrator.
                        2. Browse to the path where DugiGuides_1.5.3.exe resides.
                          Since I use multiple SSD’s I use a mechanical WD ***** Drive for my Desktop and other folders like Downloads etc, so Mine will be D:Desktop
                          The commands to use will be:
                          D:
                          CD .Desktop
                        3. Type in the following: Get-ChildItem -Path "DugiGuides_1.5.3.exe" -Recurse -File | Get-FileHash -Algorithm MD5
                        4. Look at your output and check it against mine A5295F9EFBE9DF23737A76C8FAF3EF41

Please see cmd_M61MFd0Tuv.png and cmd_0AydgU4Nan.png
                        If your MD5 matches mine, relax, it’s all good and not corrupted, please report back to me if it is different.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.