Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    psherman
    Participant

I’m having a strange problem, that I cannot quite figure out. The guides and arrows were not working on some of my characters, so I did a “/dugi fix” and that fixed the problem except on one character (all on same account/server/faction). On that character, /dugi fix behaves differently (does a variable reset, does not trigger a UI reset, and does not fix the problem). The UI is unresponsive and I cannot change options or select a guide. I unloaded all add-ins except Dugi, no luck. I went into the WTF directory and deleted variables for that character and no luck. I did forced UI reloads and no luck. I am kind of mystified, particularly since it just one character only.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I can do a more comprehensive removal of WTF variables, but I want to stop short of a full WoW reinstall.

Retail, by the way.

Dugi
      Keymaster

Try loading the installer go to settings > click repair > check in the game and confirm  Dugi is uninstalled (don’t skip this step) 

then  reinstall the guide

make sure wow is closed when you repair and reinstall. 

psherman
        Participant

I don’t use the installer, but I can try an manual uninstall and reinstall.

Dugi
          Keymaster

do a test by renaming WTF to WTF1 (make sure wow is close)  to completely reset everything. You can recover it back deleting renaming it back to WTF 

when you delete saved variable manually you also need to delete the .bak files otherwise wow is use it that as a backup recovery. 

psherman
            Participant

Deleting the bak files fixed it. Sorry for not replying sooner.

highpitch
              Participant

After reading the Ops comments I am wondering if I am missing some features I assumed weren’t part of the guides 

1. I have no quest completion arrows and indicators showing me where to find the quest givers or end points of certain quests. I look at the map and sometimes I see a golden dot where the quest returns go, but I have no way of finding the completed quest givers on some quests? Am I missing something?
                2. Also I hover over a quest mob to see if its part of the quest I’m on and in retail it usually tells you if that mob is part of one of your quests, in Classic it doesn’t for me.

Dugi
                Keymaster

highpitch said:

After reading the Ops comments I am wondering if I am missing some features I assumed weren’t part of the guides 

1. I have no quest completion arrows and indicators showing me where to find the quest givers or end points of certain quests. I look at the map and sometimes I see a golden dot where the quest returns go, but I have no way of finding the completed quest givers on some quests? Am I missing something?
                  2. Also I hover over a quest mob to see if its part of the quest I’m on and in retail it usually tells you if that mob is part of one of your quests, in Classic it doesn’t for me.

Hi some of those feature only exist in Retail and not built in with WoW Classic unless you download addon like ClassicCodex. 

We are working on adding this built in with Dugi addon. 

For the quest completion arrow to appear you need to be using the guide. 

Do you have any guide loaded?

highpitch
                  Participant

Yes, I do have the guide loaded and its been an issue for me right from the starting zones. I assumed it was due to classic maybe not allowing it and didn’t give it much thought but I figured I would ask you fine people incase I had a glitch on my side 

Dugi
                    Keymaster

highpitch said:

Yes, I do have the guide loaded and its been an issue for me right from the starting zones. I assumed it was due to classic maybe not allowing it and didn’t give it much thought but I figured I would ask you fine people incase I had a glitch on my side 

can you post a screenshot, try typing /dugi fix and select yes to reload

walentos
                      Participant
                        I have the same problem as in the first post.
                        Dugi doesn’t work on one character.
                        i deleted lua / bak configuration, it doesn’t change anything.
                        I deleted the entire WTF folder, still nothing.
                        please help, I bought the addon today.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.