• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Ozzi.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    drumbum
    Participant

Trying to launch guides and it gets latest versions then just exits and does not update
      version 1.5.2. I have tried downloaded again from website but same problem exists

deaddoll
      Participant

Got the same problem

Ozzi
        Participant

deaddoll said:

Got the same problem

Hi deaddoll, welcome to Dugiguides.

Can you please provide me with some more information as to what’s happening for you?
          I really would like to help you, however, coming in to someone else’s threat stating that you have the same problem is not much information to go by.

Also, can you please open a Windows Terminal or PowerShell window ‘as Administrator’ and type in the following.

Browse to the location where DugiGuides_1.5.2.exe resides / exists.

CD <drive:><path>

Without the ‘<>’.

For Example: cd D:Desktop

Type the following to get the MD5.

What is MD5? you may ask.
          MD5 is a hashing algorithm that accepts any length message as input and returns a fixed-length digest value that can be used to authenticate the original file or message as output.

CertUtil -hashfile DugiGuides_1.5.2.exe MD5

Once you hit enter, you should see the following

MD5 hash of DugiGuides_1.5.2.exe:
          3586409b777b9e11f5f9a8c2ce1e7b69
          CertUtil: -hashfile command completed successfully.

Now, compare my result with yours, if 3586409b777b9e11f5f9a8c2ce1e7b69 does not match, there may be an issue with the browser. I’ll dive deeper in to that once I get a confirmation from you with more information.

For now I just want to make sure that the file is not corrupt and we can then move on to the next step.

deaddoll
          Participant

I somehow got it to work, it patched and updated. Strange, but a happy one :)

I’ll use your very thorough guide if i get the same problem another time :)

Ozzi
            Participant

deaddoll said:

I somehow got it to work, it patched and updated. Strange, but a happy one :)

I’ll use your very thorough guide if i get the same problem another time :)

Wow, I have completely forgot about that guide :) Well, I am glad you were able to fix the issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.