Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Creepshow
    Participant

you can click on the “action/item” button in the guide itself but the floating button does not work.. its there.. but does not work.. Ive tried in both the Subscription version of Dugi and The free basic addon..

Ozzi
      Participant

hmm I thought this was fixed a long time ago. What have you tried so far?
        Did you try doing /dugi fix in-game?
        After reloading from ‘/dugi fix’, did you try right-clicking dugi frame, the one with Quests category and the guide underneath, click on Reset button and then Reload button.
        You may need to manually tick steps to reach your current step.

Can you please retry the quest item button, the one the addon provides you that usually appears underneath the Npc viewer frames, or sometimes floating on screen, and looks like the one you illustrated in your screenshot as “This does not work”.

This would likely be the culprit:

Blizzard said:

Patch 6.0.2 2014-10-14: Most quest items no longer take up space in the inventory and can be accessed through the Quest Tracker.

Some items that are not in your bags can still be accessed and some cannot, this is why I would like to see if this item The Return of Baron Geddon is physically in your bags.

This is not the specific quest, nor is it live, I was in the middle of testing something in PTR 10.0.7 Legion content using a Dracthyr. The addon version is 9.0185.
        Here’s a short video 2023-03-14_02-05-49.mkv

I still would like to have more information as requested above.

I have decided to use a character that hasn’t done these cataclysm quests. nearly all characters have done them, so this is harder for me to not use Evoker.
        Anyway, I have more recordings of quests that has quest items.
        Video One:

This one is with a quest item that can be interacted with by clicking the target or clicking the quest item in the objective frames or clicking the Quest Item Button or using the Keybindings for the DugiGuides Floating Item Button.

2023-03-14_18-48-11.mkv

Video Two:

This one you just fly and land to the area and then click or use keybind for the Item Button.
        2023-03-14_18-52-46.mkv

Video Three:

This one is the one you posted, at the end there I can confirm that the item does go in bags and the tag used is correct with the item id seen in the tooltip listed as ItemID.

2023-03-14_18-57-29.mkv

I can’t replicate this issue and can you please just confirm what troubleshooting steps you have done or try my suggestion to use /dugi fix. Yes, that command will reset all settings, saved variables will also reset.
        If this persists after that command was done, can you please try recording a small video, as I have done.
        To achieve this, you can use your video card software or OBS Studio any of these there’s YouTube videos that help with configuring and using them as well.
        If you need any assistance to do this, please, do not hesitate to ask, I’ll do my best to help.
        Don’t really need any screenshots, you did a pretty good job showing the issue.

I have had a chance to test in live version of Retail 10.0.5 and I can confirm that the item button does not work. Discussing this with Dugi, he can’t get the item button to work in retail 10.0.5 either.
        Knowing that it is functioning well in 10.0.7 and 10.1.0 ptr’s, looking at the posted videos above, it would be best to wait for Blizzard to release 10.0.7 on March 21, there is a bug in 10.0.5 which is preventing the item button from working on some quests, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

-Edit-
        I have also noticed that some quests the Item button does not work and others it does.
        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T31Scv8Gg_tWE9893QMdH5xGaZUOjUpt/view?usp=share_link

Creepshow
        Participant

It doesnt work whether the item is something in your bag or not. It doesnt work for anything at all..

Ozzi
          Participant

Creepshow said:

It doesnt work whether the item is something in your bag or not. It doesnt work for anything at all..

Please take a look at the last video I posted, that proves it does work to an extent.

Creepshow
            Participant

dude.. i see it works for you.. doesnt for me.. in no situation does it work. I wont post again..

Ozzi
              Participant

Can you please wait until March 21 and then try the item button again.

Ozzi
                Participant

-Update- I have notified Dugi that the Floating Item Button in 10.0.7 Retail patch is still not working, despite the fact that it was working in 10.0.7 PTR.
                  For now, I suggest to use an addon called ExtraQuestButton.

1. Click the link and install the addon.
                  2. In-game, Hit ESC, click Edit Mode, move the ExtraQuestButton to where you would like it.
                  3. To remove confusion, type /dugi config > Settings.
                  4. Uncheck Floating Item Button.

Once Dugi has found and squashed the bug, I am sure it will be noted in the update notes.
                  I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and hope the temporary solution will suffice until this issue is resolved.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.