Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dollhobbs
    Participant

I have checked and the generic install path is correct, but the installer keeps saying that i am a trial user. I am a loyalty user so the installer is messed up somehow. I have tried reentering the info repeatedly, but it does not change to loyalty user. How do I fix this???

Ozzi
      Participant
        Can you check your settings and click Auto Detect Paths
        Ensure the paths are correct:
        • Retail = {Your Drive}:{Your Path}World of Warcraft_retail_
        • TBC =  {Your Drive}:{Your Path}World of Warcraft_classic_
        • Classic Era = {Your Drive}:{Your Path}World of Warcraft_classic_era_
        • World of Warcraft launcher Path = {Your Drive}:{Your Path}World of WarcraftWorld of Warcraft Launcher.exe
        So, for me, since I am using a 4tb PCIe 4.0 SSD NVMe drive, my path would be H:World of Warcraft_retail_
        Once you sorted the location, within settings ensure that your username and password is correctly entered in their appropriate fields, then click on Okay button and see the account info. Finally try the Reinstall button.
        dollhobbs
        Participant

Thanks for the help. I copied the path directly from the shortcut properties and verified it and it is the correct path. It shows me as logged in and updates but then says WOW path not found. This time it actually logged me in as a user and not a trial. I have included as pic of error that shows up after re-install of Dugi.

Ozzi
          Participant
            I don’t know how you feel about running .reg scripts but I have a .reg file that you can run that will fix this issue.
            The contents of the .reg script to prove there’s no malice intent.
            Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeBlizzard EntertainmentWorld of Warcraft]
            "InstallPath"="D:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\"

I advise to Create a restore point first.

Ensure that World of Warcraft & Dugi Guides Installer & Battle.net is not running, then run the .reg script, click Ok then Ok again.

Reboot the computer or laptop and then try clicking auto detect button within Dugi Gudies Installer again, followed with Reinstall.
            You may need to right click the .reg file and then click Properties, then tick the box Unblock.
            dollhobbs
            Participant

I went to registry and followed the path shown in your post and have included a pic of registry. It shows the path to the letter “
              [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWOW6432NodeBlizzard EntertainmentWorld of Warcraft]
              “InstallPath”=”D:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\”.

The guide is not even showing up during game , It is showing in the addon tab in the main menu and is enabled but when I go to addons after entering the game there is no Dugi showing in the addon. I am adding pic of what comes up when I open Dugi guide ingame.

Ozzi
              Participant
                I do not see your “registry image”, it’s the same as the Dugi Installer image you’ve posted earlier.
                Can you at least make a system restore point and then try the .reg file.
                I have tested this on my laptop, on purposely preventing battle.net from running and removing the install path from the registry, rebooting then trying to update addon to get the same error.
                If you don’t want to run the .reg file then try using Battle.net app to Scan and Repair World of Warcraft installation, allow it to fully complete.
                I would like to do one thing at a time.
                dollhobbs
                Participant

sorry I though it was added to post. I forgot to add that when I open Dugi in game it opens but the app is empty. Added a pick of in game dugi window.

Ozzi
                  Participant

To proceed can you please direct message me in discord? Ozzi#9217
                    I’ll do my best to help you directly using discord.

dollhobbs
                    Participant

I am going to uninstall WOW and reinsstall it and dugi then will contact you and Many  Thank’s for your help.

dollhobbs
                      Participant

sorry I don’t have a mic so can’t chat on discord. One other thing i found is that when I turn on the dugi app (*not in game) that the first line that asks for the install path it is RED with the correct path visible underneath the RED. I don’t understand why because it shows the correct path which I have verified at least 4 times.

I did do a full reinstall of WOW.

Ozzi
                        Participant
                          You do not need a mic to use Discord.
                          Ensure that you use the correct path from Battle.net app.
                          Click on the Battle.net Menu (top left corner), Settings, Game Settings.
                          Click on World of Warcraft and then note the Install Location.

Input the Battle.net Install Location inside Dugi Guides World of Warcraft Retail Install Path then add _retail_ on the end.
                          Ensure that you have your Forum Username and Password in their appropriate fields. (The same username and password you use to access the members area)
                          Click on Okay
                          See attached file “explorer_tq4qTeq7iK.png”
                          Note: don’t match mine, match yours ;)
                          dollhobbs
                          Participant

Thank you for helping this old man 65 LOL aLLS GOOD.

Ozzi
                            Participant

The pleasure is all mine, I am glad you got this working.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.